- Contrary Body Movement
- The upper body moving contrary to the hips/stride of the lower body.
- term used to describe competitive ballroom dancing; recognized by the International Olympic Committee.
- IDSF: International Dance Sport Federation
- the regulatory body of international competition.
- NDCA: National Dance Council of America
- the professional regulatory body of DanceSport in the United States.
- Rule 11
- The tie-breaking rule used in competition; the method counts the scores of the tied competitors back as many rounds as needed to find the greatest number of high placings.
- United States Amateur Ballroom Dancers Association; the amateur regulatory body of DanceSport in the United States.